Okay so you’re feeling pretty crap – I’ve been here, I know the feeling. I have also read 101 articles on ‘break-ups’ or whatever it is you might be going through to have a firm list of my own words of wisdom. I’ve noted these gems down over the last wee while and come up with a list of positives and whenever that feeling or wave hits I pull them out. Here is that list.
1. You’re feeling like crap for a good reason. You had feelings. Even if it was a week, a month, or a year you felt something. You opened your heart and this is amazing. If we didn’t experience love, life would be boring. Acknowledge that the pain is a result of feeling something real and that’s awesome.
2. You can relate to Taylor Swift’s Blank Space – “got a long list of
starbucks lovers ex-lovers.” Watch the music video. Seeing Taylor have a tantrum always makes me feel better.
3. Without Rain there cannot be rainbows – Something one of my best friends Jessica tells me every time I have a broken heart. People who don’t experience heartache will never know happiness as you know it. Without this low, it is hard to acknowledge those highs.
4. Okay so you might not want to hear this just yet but guess what? You get to fall in love again. How amazing to is it going to be when you find someone who loves you just as much as you love them back. Pretty amazing.
5. You are amazing. I know you are hurting and you probably don’t believe me but it’s true. Look after yourself, put yourself first. At the end of the day all you have is you. As morbid as it sounds you will be buried alone just as you were born alone as a unique and amazing individual.
Do you have any uplifting things to remember when you’ve got a broken heart? I would love to hear them.