Okay, this year has been more or less a year of growth. I’ve wised up, and learnt a lot about myself, just ask my friends. So this year, rather than just one-year’s resolution I’ve decided I need a few smaller, more achievable goals. Here are a few resolutions worth considering:
1. Limit Social Media. Yes, I love social media, it’s my job and sure, I’m an over-sharer and post a-lot but that’s cool. That’s me. What I want to do however is limit time on it when I am with friends and at other times I want to only focus on the right things – It’s easy to get caught up in it and even worse when the guy you’re crushing on likes some other girl and OMG I could go on forever but my advice – Just don’t. Stick to your guns and enjoy it on a sometimes basis.
In fact – 2. Put Your Phone Away More Often.
3. Say No More Often. It’s okay to say no – If your like me, a yes girl then sometimes you can put yourself under pressure. You go out of your way to please others but ultimately you leave yourself spread very thin and not giving your best. You also owe no one an explanation for not wanting to do whatever it is you don’t want to do.
4. Be Gentle on Yourself. If you skip the gym because you don’t feel like it, If you text your ex in a moment of weakness whatever it is don’t beat yourself up over it. It is a waste of energy, just acknowledge it and move along.
5. Feel Your Emotions. Don’t push them back, be honest. I spent much of 2014 learning to ‘feel my feelings’ Understanding and taking the time to acknowledge your feelings could just be the best way to find peace with yourself and move forward.
6. If You Want Something, Ask For It. Last minute lash tint? It doesn’t hurt to call your salon and check, you never know what could happen. If you want something take control and make it happen.
7. Find the Balance. Bathroom looking a mess? Haven’t hit the gym for a while and don’t have time to pack your lunch? Probably because you’ve been too burning the candle at both ends. Find some balance back in your life.
At the end of the day I just want 2015 to be a year of personal bests, an abundance of growth and hopefully good lessons learn’t.
Happy New Years