Investing in your bedding marks a new stage in adulthood: You have your first job, your first apartment, your first “real” bed. Of course styling your bedroom can be overwhelming and often hard to determine where to start. For me, I started by thinking what worked for me in the past. It was my beloved Logan & Mason duvet. Of course, it’s well worn and due for an upgrade so I headed online to Logan & Mason NZ to get some ideas.
Here are six tips to consider if you are looking at styling your bedroom.
- Consider the existing items in the room. The colours of the walls, flooring or carpet and the materials of the furniture items in the room will all impact the choices you make when it comes to the duvet covers you will be using. The textures are colours are important to note.
I actually sat in my room with the Logan & Mason website open to see if my favorite choices would work in my room.
- Consider what colour theme or palette you wish to go for. It seems that White is a very popular choice for a duvet, especially in darker bedroom design. However, If you have gone modern and minimalistic in your bedroom with plenty of white accessories and lighting, then you may want to choose duvet covers that are bold and bright, adding that splash of colour. For me, I wanted a touch of peachy tones.
- Consider the fabric and how easy it is to care for – Cotton is the most popular choice. Cotton breathes which is hugely advantageous, but it can also keep you cool during summer and warm during winter. A polyester/cotton blend is a great solution if you don’t want to iron your sheets. And Linen is a new trend for Duvets. For sheets, I am a massive fan of cotton. Thread count is another consideration. It is deemed that the higher the thread count the better the quality however also consider that budget. I would rather splash out for more on the duvet and spend a little less on the sheets.
- Textures – Use a variety of textures to add extra interest. Decorative fabrics can be used in throws, pillows, cushions, headboards, lamps, and wall hangings. For me and my Logan & Mason inspired bedroom my cushions and throws add unique textures along with my existing headboard.
- Consider your lifestyle. For me, I often watch tv in bed and sometimes eat in bed! I know I am not meant to, but it’s what I do. My partner also isn’t a fan of sheets with Polyester so this was another consideration.
- Consider accessories. Cushions and throws might not be for everyone but boy do they give the bedroom that hotel and homely feel. It also finishes the look. It can provide texture to the room as well as comfort. Simple things such as light bulbs can help change the lighting and the look and feel of the room.
Let me know what you think of these tips and if you have any to add! If you want to see the end result then stay tuned! I will be sharing my Logan & Mason designed bedroom soon!
Thank you, Logan & Mason, for your help in making my dream bedroom! Head to Logan & Mason NZ online and sign up to get $10 off your first order! Even if it is just a cushion it can make a world of difference to the look and feel of your room.