The day of love is nearly here and with it plenty of reasons to sway your New Year’s healthy-eating intentions. Weight Watchers’ love-inspired recipes will help you avoid temptation while still enjoying a romantic dinner with that special someone.
I am off to a movie with friends on Valentines Day this year however this WW Baked Apple Tart has caught my eye and I even tested it out yesterday – as you do.
These sweet, heart-shaped apple tarts are simple to make and taste delightful.
SmartPoints value per serve: 5
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
• 1/2 sheet frozen reduced-fat short crust pastry, just thawed
• 3 Granny Smith apples
• 2 tsp caster sugar
• 1/4tsp ground cinnamon
• 1tsp lemon juice
• 3 tsp apricot jam, warmed, strained
• Preheat oven to 180°c. Lightly spray two 2.5cm-deep, 8.5cm x 7.5cm heart-shaped tins with oil. Line the base and side of the tins with pastry and trim to fi t. transfer to the fridge to set.
• Meanwhile, peel, core and coarsely chop 2 apples. Place in a medium bowl with the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice and toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until very soft. Transfer to a small bowl and mash until almost smooth.
• Peel, core and thinly slice the remaining apple. Place half of the mashed apple mixture in the base of each of the tart cases. Top with the sliced apple. Bake for 30 minutes or until the apple is tender and the tart cases are cooked. Brush with the jam. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Notes: • Serve with: low-fat custard, allowing 1 SmartPoints value per tablespoon.