Chicken Fajitas take me back to my time in Mexico. Full of flavour, fast, and a feast of colours and smells for the senses.
These chicken fajitas are healthy and delicious. Farrah’s have new Fajita Spice Mixes which are life savers. They are gluten free with a traditional hickory smoke flavour. They are Jam packed with real flavour and no artificial colours, the spice mix is mild in taste, perfect for every member of the family.
If you are having a family dinner than possibly the best part of this recipe is that makes it rather easy with everyone assembling their wraps at the table. Everyone can assemble their chicken fajitas exactly how they want when it comes to adding extras.
Now, that I’m in my own home, my own kitchen and my own fridge I am back into cooking. Farrah’s provided me with the recipe, and I made this on a weeknight when my parents joined me. It was fast filling, and dad could go crazy with added extras, and I could do keep it simple, how I like it.
If you make this recipe let me know!
Recipe: Chicken Fajitas
What you need:
- One packet of Farrah’s Burrito Tortillas
- One packet of Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 capsicum
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- Slice the capsicum, onion and chicken into thin strips. Place chicken in a bag or bowl and coat in a tablespoon of oil and Farrah’s Fajita Spice Mix.
- Heat a pan or griddle on a medium heat until hot and then add the chicken. When the chicken is nearly cooked, add the vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas in a pan or griddle for 10 seconds.
- Serve the chicken Fajita ingredients alongside your warm tortillas and enjoy!
Now, this is the essential mix I like to add as sides. Lime wedges, sour cream, avocado, chopped up tomatoes, and more! You can do whatever really!
WIN: Thanks to Farrah’s I have a couple of mid-winter Mexican prize packs to giveaway. The competition will be hosted on Facebook so keep an eye out for that here!